The nsoro Foundation
There are presently no open calls for applications.
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in The Educational nsoro Foundation.
We provide direct academic scholarships, coaching, and mentor programs for youth in foster care nationwide — all youth currently in foster care, aged-out, and emancipated youth are encouraged to apply.
Please take a moment to review the guidelines and eligibility criteria outlined below.
Best of luck! If you have any questions, please contact us at (404) 524-0807 or email email@example.com.
2023 - 2024 Scholarship Application will open December 1, 2022, and close March 15, 2023.
Eligibility Criteria Applicants must:
- Certify that they are currently in foster care, a ward of the state, or eligible for ILP, having aged out of foster care as a young adult.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent and have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Have been accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or another post-secondary school.
- Be under the age of 26 of the year they apply if they have not previously received funding from The nsoro Foundation.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2023
- Scholarships are announced annually on May 15. Students are required to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA to retain scholarships. Recipients will receive a notification via email at the email address provided in their application.
- Scholarship disbursements are sent directly to the academic institution.
- Applicants must obtain three letters of recommendation written by teachers, employers, or community leaders. The letters must include a brief description of the relationship with the applicant. They should address why the applicant deserves a scholarship, describing specific abilities, skills, or attributes that exemplify excellence in their school or community.
- Applicants must submit an official high school or college transcript.
- The applicant must provide documentation that they are currently placed in foster care by the state court system or that you "aged out" of the foster care system and have not been adopted. (Must be a court document or letter from caseworker or ILS)
FOR CURRENT NSORO SCHOLARS | You do not have to reapply.
Please submit the following documents
1. AWARD PACKAGE SUMMARY
2. STUDENT BILL,
3. UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT,
4. CLASS SCHEDULE
Submission Deadlines & Disbursement Dates:
- Fall Term: Submit Forms Between July 15 - August 31. All awards will be disbursed by September 30.
- Spring Term: Submit Forms Between December 15 - January 31 All awards will be disbursed by February 28.
- Summer Term: Submit Forms Between April 15 - May 31 All awards will be disbursed by June 30.
Pre Disbursement Letters will be sent on Wednesdays and Fridays. This letter will be sent to you and your academic institution with the amount you will be receiving for the semester. (The following week after your submission)