- Students are required to maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA to retain scholarships. Scholarships are announced annually in May. Recipients are notified via email at the email address provided in their application.
- Scholarships may be used for tuition, books, and room and board. Scholarship disbursements are sent directly to the academic institution.
- Applicants must obtain three letters of recommendation written by teachers, employers, or community leaders. The letters must include a brief description of the relationship to the applicant and should address why the applicant deserves a scholarship, describing specific abilities, skills, or attributes of the applicant that exemplify excellence in his/her school or community. The three letters must be uploaded as part of the complete application in order to submit.
- An official high school or college transcript must be uploaded, along with the name and contact information of the school registrar, as part of the complete application in order to submit. Applications will not be considered if the name and phone number of the school registrar (or other official who prepared the transcript) is not included.
- Applicant must provide documentation that he/she is currently placed in foster care by the state court system or that you "aged-out" of the foster care system and have not been adopted.
- Certify that he/she is currently placed in foster care, a ward of the state and/or eligible for ILP having aged-out of foster care as a young adult.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent and have a high school cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Have been accepted into an accredited, Pell-eligible college or other post-secondary school.
- Plan to attend school as a full-time student.
- Be under the age of 25 on March 31 of the year in which they apply if they have not previously received funding from The nsoro Foundation.
- Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
- Students who have been nsoro scholars for four years will be considered for advanced degree support.
Application Deadline: April 12, 2020